On International Women’s Day we explore the working life of Dr Nessa Carey, International Director at PraxisUnico, Visiting Professor at Imperial College and an author. She shares her multi-career path, tips for success and the importance of saying ‘yes’ to new opportunities.
Career in brief
- Five years in the Metropolitan Police Forensic Laboratory
- Part-time BSc in Immunology
- PhD in Virology, University of Edinburgh
- Postdoc in Human Genetics, Charing Cross and Westminster Hospital Medical School
- Lectureship and Senior Lectureship in Molecular Biology, Imperial College London
- 13 years in the biotech and pharmaceutical industry